The story of our jams began in Schönau in 1913, in the Wiesen valley of the southern
Black Forest. It was here that Alfred Faller, who owned a grocer’s shop, first offered
his homemade jams made from fresh fruits. Soon, word about the outstanding quality
of our jams spread in the region, thanks to the use of fresh berries and fruits from the
Kaiserstuhl and the Markgräflerland - and the client base and the product range grew constantly.
In 1950, Martin Faller, son of the company founder, laid the foundation for a nationally-distributed
brand of jam, by extending the salem activities to include superior hotels, specialist shops
for fine cuisine and health centres. The jam manufacturing company is now in its 3rd generation,
managed by Thomas Faller, grandson of the company founder. His personality, ideas and passion
have made Faller jams into one of the leading premium jams of Germany.